Marketing & Sales Summer Internship Program
Mumbai, IND | Hemp Fabric Lab
Start Date: Immediately
Duration: 3 Months
Stipend: 5 – 10 K
Application Deadline: 30th April 2019
About Hemp Fabric Lab:
Hemp Fabric Lab is a one stop shop for designers, brands, artists, and creators at large to get their hands on Hemp and other sustainable fabrics and raw materials. Created by the Bombay Hemp Company (BOHECO) in 2018, Hemp Fabric Lab is a textile brand that uses Industrial Hemp or Cannabis Sativa to make fabrics that are good for the people and the planet. Because of its close association with Marijuana, there a lot of misconceptions surrounding Hemp. We’re on a mission to change that. In fact, through thoughtful content across social media, and word of mouth, we’ve managed to see considerable growth in our sales and our brand value. Now we want to take it one step further.
Where we need help
We have all the makings of a good brand – thoughtful products that customers love, a genuine story, passionate founders, and a great work culture.
We believe that brand communication and sales go hand-in-hand. In order for people to understand our mission, they need to understand what we’re doing and why we’re doing it. As we add customers and new products, we strive to not only maintain our commitment to this core value but also continuously improve on it.
We’re looking for a Brand Communication & Sales Intern for Summer 2019 who can build customer relationships and sell the idea of Hemp to the fashion industry in more ways than one.
What does the job entail?
Selected Intern’s day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Assist in the planning and execution of the company's sales plan
- Manage funnel marketing & sales framework efficiently & effectively
- Help in handling & managing HFL's digital marketing
- Build strong client relationships and maintain proper communication with them
- Lead sales generation online and offline
- Set sales targets with KPI’s
- Look out for the right kind of brand associations for HFL to collaborate with – these could be influencers, brands, designers, and bloggers.
- Revert to sales inquiries online and offline
- Conduct detailed industry and competition research to identify ways in which we could improve our product offering
- Understand consumer wants and provide feedback to the fabric development team
- Keep an eye out for events and PR opportunities that would fit in with HFL’s brand value – this includes sustainable events, media publications, designers, and people to associate with.
- Drive HFL's storytelling, content, blog & all channels of communication
- Improve social media engagement across all channels
What kind of person are we looking for?
- Passionate about making an impact in the sustainable fashion space
- Good communicator with excellent written and verbal skills
- Insatiably curious, would read about this stuff on the weekends even if it wasn’t your job
- Results-oriented, can dig into details while keeping an eye on what truly matters
- Scrappy, know how to get a lot done efficiently without endless resources
- Self-directed, don’t need or want a lot of over-the-shoulder management
- Fun-loving, take your work seriously, but don’t take yourself too seriously
- Should be proactive and enthusiastic to learn new things as well as be a great player
Who can apply?
- Bachelor’s Degree, ideally with a focus on sales and brand marketing
- Experience in sales, preferably in sustainable fashion
- Experience with PR events, workshops, pop-ups
- Basic knowledge of graphic design will be an added plus
- Adept at Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point
- Knowledge about trends and happenings in the fashion industry
- Are available for full-time (in-office) internship
What can we offer?
- Competitive stipend
- Discounts on Hemp products
- Letter of recommendation
- Informal dress code
- 5 working days a week
- Free snacks and beverages
TO APPLY PLEASE FILL THE FORM BELOW: